If you're fed up with those uncontrollable loose hairs in your dreads? Here's how to tighten up your dreadlocks.
- Start by finding the loose hair you want to work on.
- Add Lock Powder and rub the hair in circular movements until the hair tangles into a hairball.
Now you are ready to work the hairball into the dreadlock. We prefer a crochet latch hook.
- We always start with a little bigger crochet latch hook 0.7-1.0mm. to get more hair into the dreadlock, and save time.
- Carefully work in the loose hair to the dreadlock from all angles.
- When the loose hair is inside the dreadlock, we begin to tighten the dreadlock with a smaller crochet latch hook size 0.5-0.75mm.
MIND YOUR FINGERS!
Continue with the crochet latch hook until you feel the dreadlock is as tight and smooth as you like.
Finish off by rolling the dreadlock so the new knots will settle inside the dreadlock. You can use Tightening Gel while rolling which will give a firm hold.
Now it's your turn! :O)