- Material: Bamboo handle with stainless steel hook.
- Size of tip: 0.75mm.
- Package Includes: 1pc Crochet Hook.
- Crochet Hook Length: approx 13.5cm.
- Locticians and dreadlock wearers often use crochet hooks to create and maintain dreadlocks.
Crocheting allows you to form tight, mature looking dreadlocks.
How to use your crochet hook:
- Separate a square section of hair. The size of the section is up to you. Working with large sections of hair covers the surface of the head faster, but large sections are more difficult to make into tight locks than small sections of hair.
- Back-comb the upper three inches of hair toward the scalp.
- Hold the knotted section of hair near the root with the index finger and thumb of one hand.
- Insert the tip of a 1mm crochet hook through the knotted hair at a downward angle toward your thumb.
- Pull the crochet hook back through the hair at a 90-degree angle to the hair.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 in rapid succession, twisting the dread slightly to tighten it up and bind loose hairs around the entire surface. Push and pull the crochet hook through the hair gently to minimize breakage.
- Work down the length of the knotted section of hair until all loose hairs are incorporated into the dread.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 down the length of the section of hair. Always work with small sections of back-combed hair to create tight dreads.
** NOTE: Be sure to curve the crochet hook out of your dreadlocks so it will not pull loose hairs out the other side. Do not pull the crochet needle straight out, this will rip the hair and split it.