This Knotty Boy Liquid Shampoo Dreadlock Starter Kit for Light Blonde to Medium Brown & Red Hair includes:
- 4oz. Blonde / Medium Brown Light Wax
- 8oz. Liquid Shampoo
- Plastic dread comb
- 'How to Dread' instruction brochure
- Bee-Washed soap bar (free)
- Shower cap
- Knotty Boy stickers
- And the nifty Knotty Boy natural-cotton drawstring bag!
Pick up the basics for starting dreadlocks from scratch. All you need is wax, shampoo and a comb to achieve dreadlock greatness!
Save ££'s and get a whole bag of fun stuff for getting your dreads off and running faster and easier than ever, including the FABULOUS Knotty Boy Bee Washed Pre-Dreading and De-Waxing Soap – a nifty little FREEBIE from the kind folks at Knotty Boy!
Scrub that hair with the all-natural Knotty Boy Bee-Washed Pre-Dreading and De-Waxing Soap, leaving it SQUEAKY clean and ready for dreads.
Full of essential oils and red earth clay, this mini-bar helps to gently wash away natural oil build-up that conditions your hair and works against the locking process, while keeping the hair itself healthy and strong.
Also you can leave Knotty Boy Bee-Washed soap bar by your sink for washing up sticky hands after wax applications.
Directions for use
- Break Wax surface with fingertip. Wax will soften as it's worked.
- Divide hair into 1" square sections. Use a fine-toothed comb to 'back-comb' each section toward scalp.
- When section is tangled and knotted, twist and work a very small amount of Wax thoroughly into the lock, starting at the scalp. Add more Wax sparingly if necessary.
- Continue until all sections are done!
- Pop open the bottle, breathe in the icy-fresh scent, strip down and hop in the tub.
- Wet scalp and locks, then pour a small amount of Shampoo into the palm of your hand.
- Spread Shampoo evenly around scalp, working it down to the roots with your fingertips and giving them a thorough, gentle scrub.
- Apply more Shampoo as needed in order to cover entire scalp – remember, a little goes a long way and you won't necessarily get a lot of foam. (Don't worry, if you know you've covered your scalp, they WILL get sparkling clean.)
- Let the Essential Oils sit and do their thing for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse, allowing the Shampoo to run through the dreads, thereby cleaning them without handling them too much. This is the best way to clean new, still-soft locks without damaging all that hard work you've put into them.
- Repeat as necessary. You will be able to feel how squeaky-clean your scalp is after its been rinsed, and where you need to shampoo again.
Knotty Boy Liquid Dread Shampoo Ingredients:
Purified Water, Saponified Oils of Olive, Certified Organic Hempseed and Castor Bean, Sodium Borate and Organic Essential Oils of Tea Tree, Rosemary and Peppermint (All ingredients are ethically sourced).
Knotty Boy Dreadlock Wax Light Blonde/Brown Ingredients:
Beeswax, Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil, African Shea Butter, Vitamin E (All ingredients are ethically sourced).
Knotty Boy Bee-Washed Pre-Dreading & De-Waxing Soap Ingredients:
Saponified Oils of Palm, Coconut, Castor Bean and Hempseed with Red Kaolinite Clay and Essential Oils of Cedarwood, Fir Needle, Pine and Spruce (All ingredients are ethically sourced).